It is generally a good idea to know the vendors that you contract with. This can be achieved with a vendor registration system. Registration of vendors provides reference data of vendors, including their capability, efficiency and responsiveness in terms of size and financial strength.
The vendors will be registers in categories based on the class of their capability and financial strength:
Class 1 – for bids below EC$ 50,000.00
- Company Name, Company’s most senior official, Company type, License number, Country/Area, Telephone number, Number of employees
- Company address
- Registration type
- Contacts: including name, title, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Supplies/Services (Commodities)
- Commodity Codes
- Declaration of eligibility
Class 2 – for bids below EC$ 1,000,000.00
- Same as for Class 1 plus:
- At least three references
- Company information such as company ownership
- *Note: The vendor must be in business for a minimum of three years.
Class 3 – for Bids above EC$ 1,000,000.00
- Same as Class 2 plus:
- At least three reference letters
- Financial documents including Income Statement and Balance Sheet (audited financial statements or equivalent) for the last three years to be submitted with Auditors report or External Accountant Report.
Registration Assistance and Support:
If you require further technical or substantive help in completing the registration requirements, please forward your inquiry to the Procurement Board at this e-mail address: email@example.com or Staff Members in the Procurement Unit.